During times of rapid change, threats to the sector and reductions in public services, voluntary and community organisations need to come together and present a strong and unified voice on the issues of concern to your users.
VAL works to ensure that the voice of the sector is represented through strategic partnership arrangements, networks with the council and other statutory providers.
To fulfil our role in representing and supporting the sector VAL:
- holds elections for representatives on statutory-led partnership boards
- provides support to elected VCS representatives to be effective in their roles.
- represents the sector's interests where VAL has a place on partnership boards
- facilitates a number of forum meetings where issues are discussed and debated.
- works with the council and partners to implement the Lewisham Compact.