Tackling cold homes in Lewisham
23 Nov 2018
LET'S END THE TRAGEDY OF COLD HOMES TOGETHER.
At least one in 10 people in South East London dread winter. They face a choice of being warm and getting into debt OR avoiding debt but being cold in their home.
Living in a cold home has grave impacts on health from pulmonary to heart disease.
South East London Community Energy (SELCE) is a community group dedicated to providing informed impartial advice to those at risk of fuel poverty. SELCE are winners of a national award in recognition of the quality of services (2017 winners of the Community Energy England Energy Saving Award). 
Let's work together to get support to your clients who are at risk of fuel poverty.
South East London Community Energy can offer a:
* FREE ENERGY DOCTOR WORKSHOP for your clients. This is a fun interactive workshop that provides top tips on saving energy and money, such as how to get the best deal for energy bills.
* FREE FUEL POVERTY AWARENESS TRAINING for your staff or volunteers enabling them to recognise the signs and symptoms of fuel poverty and to provide (sometimes life-saving) advice, such as about funding for energy saving measures around the home and to help pay off debt.
* FREE SMART METER WORKSHOP for your staff or clients. This workshop will demystify smart metering.
These will both include information about:
· ENERGY CAFÉS: Free impartial one-to-one energy advice
accompanied by tea and cake
· ECO PROJECT: Enables people to access FREE grant funded
home energy improvements (a new boiler; loft, cavity, underfloor
· REFERRALS for other services such as a HELPLINE or a HOME
VISIT service provided by partner organisations
BOOK A SESSION WITH SELCE!
If SELCE run a tailored session for your group or team from 20 - 90 minutes. It can be a stand-alone session or part of a team meeting or an event that is already taking place.
This year SELCE are running sessions mainly in the boroughs of Greenwich and Lewisham, but can also do Bexley, Bromley and Southwark. Feel free to forward this email or pass on our details to other groups or frontline worker teams in these areas who you think may be interested.
SELCE have four energy advisors each leading on work relating to particular groups of people at risk of fuel poverty, but are not limited to helping these groups. Please get in touch with one of the following
Alex@selce.org.uk for organisations that work with people with long term physical or mental health conditions or disabilities
Sonia@selce.org.uk for parents or families of young children
Helen@selce.org.uk for people living on a low income or housing groups such as residents' associations
Giovanna@selce.org.uk for organisations that work with older people