Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust Public Debate
SLIK Presents is the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust’s programme of regular debates and speaker events that engage local people and the nation’s leaders in the important issues affecting ordinary Londoners today. The discussions are solutions-driven, giving a diverse range of people the opportunity to communicate with each other and create fantastic connections and results.
Our first debate is on policing and community safety, to be held at London's City Hall. With so much in the news about policing issues we invite you to this public debate to share your thoughts, experiences and solutions as to how we can make our communities safer and what role the police should play.
We have a diverse panel of speakers for this debate, including:
- Stephen Greenhalgh, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime
- Stephen Rimmer, Home Office Director General of the Crime and Policing Group
- Imran Khan, leading human rights and criminal lawyer
- Frances Crooke OBE, CEO of the Howard League for Penal Reform
- Jamal Higgins, Lewisham Youth Mayor
All members of the community are encouraged to attend this event. SLIK Presents aims to raise the voice of local communities and engage constructively with decision and policy makers on issues that affect our communities.
Places are still left for tomorrow's event, to book go to: http://slikpresents3.eventbrite.com/