Market warming event for delivering community-based healthy lifestyle initiatives
On Friday 13 November 2015 Lewisham Council is inviting suppliers to a ‘market warming’ event to discuss the delivery of community-based borough-wide healthy eating and physical activity initiatives.
The Council is seeking organisation/s who will take a community development approach to delivery, supporting individuals, groups and organisations to promote healthy lifestyles with a focus on healthy eating and physical activity. It will also be an opportunity for the Council to test the market and consider any options suggested by suppliers.
Organisation/s will be expected to complement and enhance existing and planned health improvement programmes in the borough and be a key partner in Lewisham’s Food Partnership.
The service will consist of:
- The appointment of three community development posts - nutritionist, physical activity specialist and a food worker - to enhance existing programmes.
- Delivery of a borough-wide community cookery on a budget training programme.
- Delivery of active lifestyles programmes aimed at inactive/sedentary adults.
- The promotion of existing nutrition initiatives, such as the local vitamin D scheme and the Healthier Catering Commitments scheme, with local food businesses.
- Supporting a community development approach with funds for participatory budgeting to enable delivery of local healthy eating and physical activity initiatives.
The event will take place on Friday 13 November 2015, 10.30am - 12.30pm at Lewisham Civic Centre.
If you would like to attend this event, please confirm via email to email@example.com (two delegates per organisation).
If you're unable to attend but would are interested in this opportunity, details following the market warming event will be available on the e-portal.