Funding and fundraising resources
There are a number of fundraising resources available including:
GrantNET funding database is accessible from grantnet.com
NCVO runs Funding Central website, aimed at being a key source of information on funding opportunities. In addition to information on funders, Funding Central also offers advice on making applications.
- Directory of Social Change publishes a range of books on fundraising, including the 'Guide to Major Trusts' series and the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. They also produce a number of online funding websites including:
Visitors access to their range of books and websites free of charge in persson at the library at their offices near Euston Station.
Some funding books may be available from Lewisham Libraries. Try searching the online catalogue for more details. Alternatively they may be able to arrange for an inter-library loan of particular funding books.
A reference copy of The Directory of Grantmaking Trusts 2012/13 is available in Lewisham Reference Library.
Other external websites
- London Funders - E-gateway to London Funders
- Fit4Funding - produced by the Charities Information Bureau
- Institute of Fundraising
- SOFII is the 'Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration' website. It contains a mass of shared resources, written by fundraisers for fundraisers. Registration is free and although many of the resources will be more suitable for larger organisations there are resources for smaller groups as well.
- Lottery Funding – funding finder
- London Community Foundation – funding for specific local areas
Commissioning and procurement
- ACEVO factsheets on commissioning and procurement (Recommended reading)
- Tendering for Care Guide to tendering and procurement.
- LinkedIn has a number of groups focused on fundraising