Free Networking and Safeguarding Events in Lewisham
Networking and Safeguarding Champions Events in Lewisham
Thursday 17 October 2019
In partnership with the Lewisham Safeguarding Adults Board, VAL will be hosting four events across Lewisham in 2019-2020. Each one will bring together local people with lived experience, charities that work with them, and Board partners to ensure we work together to protect adults at risk of abuse and neglect in Lewisham.
The first event will be held on Thursday 17 October, 9.30am – 1.30pm (during Hate Crime Awareness Week) at St Laurence Church Centre, Main Hall in Catford South, Neighbourhood 3.
Come along to:
• Find out how you can contribute to developing the ‘whole community approach’ in preventing adult abuse and neglect
• Hear an update on what should be reported to the Local Authority, and how to do this
• Find out how you could become a Safeguarding Champion in Lewisham
• Learn about the introduction of the Safe Place Scheme in Lewisham, which is a national initiative to encourage adults to live more independently in their local communities
• Have your say in shaping the work of the Safeguarding Adults Adult Board
• Network and meet other people and organisations working to help protect those most at risk, and prevent adult abuse and neglect.
To find out more and to register your attendance click here
For more information contact