Get involved with Giving Tuesday 27 November
Giving Tuesday 2018
#givingtuesday is all about supporting and celebrating Britain’s charities. This year it falls on Tuesday 27 November and is an opportunity for people to give back either through their skills, time and/or money, ‘Giving Tuesday’ follows on from Black Friday which is the day after the US holiday of Thanksgiving, where retailers make many special offers. Since arriving in the UK in 2014, Giving Tuesday has become one of Britain’s biggest days for charities, raising millions of pounds for good causes.
So what’s involved?
- For charities, you can access a range of resources designed to provide your charity with information on things, like fundraising and social media.
- For individuals, on the day you can choose to support any charity you want in any way you want. You could make good stuff, donate good stuff, tweet good stuff or even say good stuff ‐ how you support your favourite cause is totally up to you!
So, what’s going on at VAL this Giving Tuesday?
VAL will be hosting a Giving Tuesday fundraising surgery on 27 November. We can help you to identify relevant resources to help with your fundraising and income generation. Book your hour slot to identify ways to increase giving and income into your organisation
Find out more:
- For volunteering opportunities across Lewisham contact email@example.com
- For more information about Lewisham Local a collaborative partnership that encourages giving time, skills and talents contact Sam visit www.lewishamlocal.com
- For more information about generating income into your charity or to book your place at tomorrow’s Giving Tuesday Fundraising Surgery contact Lillian@valewisham.org.uk or call 020 3778 0663.