Wildcat Wilderness Project Assistant, Rushey Green Time Bank
Happy Feet Worker, Age UK Lewisham and Southwark
The Wild Cat Wilderness is a unique, wild community green space in Catford coordinated by the Rushey Green Time Bank (RGTB).
The Wild Cat Wilderness is a community green space where the local community can explore nature and wildlife, play or relax in its peacefulness, learn new outdoor skills, share and enjoy the space with other local people of all ages, cultures, faiths and abilities. Since September 2014 the site has been transformed from a neglected, overgrown, rubbish strewn space into a thriving community green space for volunteering, community events and forest schools. At the Wild Cat Wilderness the local community has been engaged in nature-based activities, which has helped promote physical and mental wellbeing, community cohesion, social inclusion, volunteering and learning new skills.
Purpose of the job
With the Project Coordinator coordinate a programme of activities and engage residents in the Wild Cat Wilderness in conjunction with working parties of local people. This includes attracting more local residents to help improve their wellbeing but also doubling the space, improving the environment and creating new activities for young people to learn about growing local food. This requires continuing to make the site more attractive, (rubbish clearance), safer (better access and paths) and carrying out conservation work to enhance the biodiversity.
To help organise and deliver outdoor events and nature based activities for all ages including nature conservation, bushcraft skills, recycling materials, organic food growing, preserving and healthy cooking. This includes coordinating regular volunteer sessions, family school holiday activities and adult workshops.
To help develop the community food growing space and assist with the running of cooking and preserving workshops to enhance the understanding of healthy, nutritious food for families.
Website link: https://www.rgtb.org.uk/vacancies
- Undertake home visits to service users within agreed times and areas to deliver a high quality toenail cutting service and provide appointments at clinics in community venues.
- Complete written records accurately including medical records, finance records, timesheets and communication logs
- Comply with health and safety procedures in line with training received
- Collect payments and issue receipts in line with Age UK procedures
- Bring necessary equipment to appointments, including clippers, gloves and paperwork